London's Tech City Appoints Joanna Shields as New Boss
London is believed to be a hot place for high-technologies and appointment of Joanna Shields for the position of boss of the Tech City cluster is a big achievement for No 10, a recent report claims. It is being hoped that the country would now see wonders happening with Shields as the new boss.
Facebook's European boss Ms. Shields, one of the highest profile technology leaders, has been recruited at a job profile, which has been relatively low profile since years. The aim is to bring it up with the aid of Ms. Shields, who has supervised the business's expansion since 2010.
It has been found that she was earlier chief executive of social network Bebo. There also, she had aided in pulling off a best deal in web history. She had sold the company for a sum of $850m to AOL. The aim was to see the reselling of the company by the buyer for $10 after a couple of years.
As per the findings, her CV shows her big role for Google in Europe. The same means that she is linked up to the chief Silicon Valley powerhouses that would definitely help her make big venture capital firms notice when she boosts London.
"Tech City's success showed what could happen when we back some of our most innovative and aspiring companies", said the prime minister.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies