Black and Slate 16GB iPad mini sells out in 35 hours
On Saturday, Apple's online store showed that the black and slate version of the entry-level 16GB Wi-Fi-only model of the newly-unveiled iPad Mini was out of stock, barely 35 hours after the device was opened for pre-orders.
The sell out of the black and slate model of the entry-level Pad Mini comes in addition to the sell out of all the white and silver models of Apple's new smaller tablet within hours of its pre-order availability on Friday at 12:01 a. m. Pacific.
With the online Apple store now showing that the entry-level black iPad Mini has a two-week delivery time, it is evident that Apple has exhausted the initial supplies of the smaller tablet; thereby indicating an overwhelming demand for the device which - according to Apple design chief Jony Ive - squeezes all the features of the bigger iPad into a smaller form factor.
The heavy pre-ordering of the iPad Mini may have come as a surprise to some analysts who had earlier speculated that despite the 7.9-inch screen of the tablet and its thin 7.2-millimeter 0.68-pound chassis, one of the key deterrents for the device could be its high pricing by Apple.
The speculations of a somewhat lukewarm response to iPad Mini was apparently based on the fact that Apple has priced the tablet at $329 for the entry-level model, which is comparatively more expensive than the 7-inch offerings from Amazon and Google which are priced around the `$200' mark!
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network