Study Highlights Upbringing of Children by Lesbian Parents
A recent study has claimed that children belonging to lesbian parents are performing well at school level and in many cases they are happier than their counterparts from heterosexual parents.
The study, which aimed at nullifying the negative thinking related to homosexual parenting, included 78 teenagers, who were from lesbian parents. The participants aged 17 years, out of which 38 were boys and 38 were girls.
The study report put forth by U. S. National Longitudinal Lesbian Family asserted that the participants of the study scored GPAs, which ranged between A- and B+, they were friends with many heterosexuals. Most of all, for them, their parents were their idols and role models.
The study titled 'Adolescents with Lesbian Mothers Describe Their Own Lives' is a division of a much larger study carried out by a team of researchers at Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law. These researchers have followed families in which children are brought up by two mothers, instead of a father and a mother for the past 26 years.
Studies conducted previously on the same group saw a few teens suffering from a type of irrational hatred of homosexuality amongst their counterparts, but a healthy environment provided by the family helped them overcome the problems.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids