NBAD reports robust performance in 2009
UAE's top bank, the National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has offered 442 UAE nationals with jobs in line with its policy to provide more opportunities to the people of UAE origin. According to current figures, UAE nationals account for 36 per cent of the total workforce of the bank.
The bank has a total of 1046 UAE nationals working with it and the Emiratisation at senior management level has surged to 50 per cent. The bank has been known for its Emiratisation initiatives and provided the HRG award in February 2009 and the Abu Dhabi Tawteen Council's Emiratisation Award in June 2009.
Mr. Ehab Anis Hassan, NBAD's Group Chief Human Resources Officer, added, "Bearing in mind the tough conditions faced by all financial institutions in 2009, this is a remarkable achievement. We believe it is a another confirmation of our leading position as an employer of choice in the UAE by running successful recruitment and internship programs targeting talented UAE graduates."
The bank effectively weathered the storms of financial crisis without taking any hard step like retrenchment, bonus reduction and cuts in salaries of the employees.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain