Smoking May Deteriorate Mental Health
A group of researchers at the King's College London has discovered in a new study that smoking can affect one's brain as well along with lungs and other parts of the body. It says that the effect can be extremely negative and even worse than obesity or high blood pressure.
The brain can realize devastation of memory as well as reasoning and learning ability. A number of over-50s were enrolled for the study and all of them were analyzed on the basis of their health and lifestyle. Also, their brain tests were conducted.
The brain tests involved naming as many animals in a minute as possible and learning new words. It was found that the ones who smoked were scoring less in the same. The tests were repeated at a gap of four and eight years.
It is being said that one's lifestyle plays a major role in determining the health of one's mind and body. Therefore, one should eat a balanced diet and focus on exercising to maintain a healthy weight. Besides, smoking should be avoided and they should get cholesterol and BP checked.
"Research has repeatedly linked smoking and high blood pressure to a greater risk of cognitive decline and dementia, and this study adds further weight to that evidence", Alzheimer's Research UK's Dr. Simon Ridley.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power