29 Million Non-Smokers in US Prone to Secondhand Smoke
As per reports from a recent survey, it has been found that as many as 29 million non-smokers in the US get exposed to secondhand smoke coming from the neighboring apartments or areas.
The number forms one-fourth of the total American population and are at potential risk of getting adversely affected by the smoke. The data was revealed by the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Office on Smoking and Health (OSH).
Exposure to secondhand smoke is not under the control of the people living in the vulnerable apartments. The residents are getting affected from the smoke involuntarily and they are unable to do anything against it.
Dr. Tim McAfee, the Director at the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's OSH said that the solution to the problem is prohibiting smoking in the shared apartments and all such units. The goal can be reached either by making such law or by help of the individual landlords.
"While the majority of multi-unit housing residents make their homes smoke-free, nearly half of them are affected by infiltration of smoke from other residents", said Danny McGoldrick, the Vice President of research for the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids while he suggested that owners should protect the tenants by making their properties smoke-free.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden