UAE Labour Minister Backs reforms across the Sector
The UAE's Minister of Labour, HE Saqr Ghobash has asked for the need to take steps for ensuring sustainable growth of the Gulf region besides widening the scope of employability for its nationals.
Presenting a paper at the 15th Annual Conference of the Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR), the Minister added that serious issues such as current development pattern and nationalization of the GCC labour market demands more attention for posting healthy growth rate.
Mr. Ghobash, Chairman of the National Media Council, added, "The majority of those are unskilled labourers and the rate of recruitment exceeded growth rates of real national GDP, something which negatively affected the sustainability of growth as well as job opportunities for nationals of GCC countries."
The Minister said that the prevailing conditions of economic uncertainty and volatility has pushed the rate of recruiting expatriates up to 31% in the UAE and 17.8% in Bahrain. The unskilled workforce hired from other markets is even ready to do low-paid jobs but such jobs are not fit for the interests of GCC Nationals.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies