Paris Hilton's Dubai TV show caught in row
The much hyped Dubai-based reality TV show has landed in controversies due to dissensions between the contractors and the boss of the show. The reality show starring US hotel heiress Paris Hilton is yet to be aired.
The Dubai-based version of Paris Hilton's My New BFF was supposed to be handled and filmed by V Producers, a division of Abu Dhabi-based Viola Communications. However, V Producers alleged that Dubai-based media production company Uniqon Emirates failed to meet its financial obligations and V Producers jumped in the arena for saving the show.
Lionsgate bosses informed that Uniqon Emirates did not paid more than $4.7 million which made it difficult to cover production and distribution costs of the 'Paris Hilton's My New BFF (Best Friend Forever)'.
Earlier, V Producers, a division of Abu Dhabi-based Viola Communications has informed that a Dubai based court announced one year sentence for the Managing Director of Uniqon Emirates while disposing a case filed by V Producers.
V Producers said in the statement, "The managing director of Uniqon Emirates received a one-year prison sentence following this lawsuit. Other legal claims are in progress and further information will be released at a later stage."
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies