Saturated Fat affects Sperm Composition and Count
It might surprise you, but it has been concluded in a study that consumption of saturated fat, like cheeses and meats have led to a decline in the composition of sperm.
The Danish study, which has been published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, has found that saturated fat items not only increase weight, but also lowers the composition of sperm. The study might astonish you, but it is not the first one, which has revealed problems due to intake of fat.
The study researchers have found that young Danish men, who have consumed saturated fat in abundance, are the ones, which have seen a decline of 38% in sperm concentration. Not only this, the study researchers also found a 41% decline in sperm count in their semen.
Lead researcher Tina Jensen from Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen, said that in order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers carried out study on 701 young Danish men. All the men were around 20 years old and got medical checks ups for military between 2008 and 2010.
"We cannot say that it has a causal effect, but I think other studies have shown that saturated fat intake has shown a connection to other problems", said Tina.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids