Nurse Oliver Beats Cancer and Obesity
Such stories infuse a fighting spirit in a person. Julie Oliver, 48, a nurse was not only suffering from weight problems, but also from cancer. She was a fighter and decided not only to beat one problem, but both.
Oliver not only reduced seven and a-half stones, but also beat the cancer. By showing such courage, she was accredited as `slimmer of the year'. She has been awarded with the Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Magazine Health Professional Slimmer of the Year 2013 award.
She has lost massive 7st 10lb and has also been given £1,000 cash from Rosemary Conley in an event, which took place at the London Marriott County Hall Hotel.
Due to cancer treatment, she suffered from sore mouth. In order to prevent further problem, she had to eat soft food items. "Because of the side effects of the chemotherapy I suffered a sore painful mouth, so I'd eat soft food such as mashed potato covered in butter and cheese", said Oliver.
All these things made her gain weight and she was around 17 stones. Treatments were making things even more difficult, as joint pain became common and she was unable to carry out basic activities. It was then that she decided to do something for her and started losing weight.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids