UAE hopes for strengthening trade ties with South Africa
UAE, already bearing strong trade and diplomatic ties with South Africa, is interested in further enhancing their mutual relation in different segments by taking advantage from growing investment opportunities in the country. Ismaeel Obaid Al Ali, the UAE ambassador to South Africa hoped 100 per cent growth in the trade volumes with South Africa in the coming period.
The ambassador, speaking in the sidelines of the opening function of a hotel, added, "We are number one among the Gulf nations in trade with South Africa and eager to double or triple the existing import/export volume between the two countries."
Trade volume between two nations stood Dh4 billion in the first three quarters of 2009 which was at Dh6.6 billion in 2008. UAE feels the need to enhance relations with South Africa in the areas of tourism, trade, science & technology, energy and education for further pushing trade volume.
Al Ali hoped that UAE's top carriers Emirates and Etihad Airways would increase flight frequencies as a part of agreement signed between two nations in the wake of FIFA World Cup to be held in South Africa in June.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain