Dr. C.N. R. Rao Wins China's Top Science Award
As per the revelations of a recent report, Dr. C N R Rao has been awarded with China's top science award. The 2012 Award for International Scientific Cooperation was given away by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) the previous day.
The winner scientist from India has gifted science with the boosts to Sino-India scientific cooperation. 79-year-old Rao is Bangalore's Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research's (JNCASR) founder, it has been found. He has also raised the scientific capabilities of developing countries.
He has shared the award with Herbert Jaeckle from Max Planck Society in Germany, who is an expertise in the domain of molecular developmental biology. Also the award has been shared with G A Zherebtsov, Russian space physicist, who was also a nominee.
The report finds that Rao is the Head of the Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister at present. He is also devoted to the structural and solid-state chemistry research.
CAS is the top academic and research institution for natural sciences in China, which has till date honoured a total of 17 international scientists. All of them have made big contributions in Sino-Foreign research cooperation after the institution of the prize in the year 2007.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network