Researchers Foresee Potential Treatments in Yoga
While there has been so much said about benefits attached with constant practice of Yoga, and now researchers from Duke University Medical Center are trying to probe a bit more on the underlying theory.
For the same, they examined over 100 studies, which shed light on the effect of yoga and mental health. It has been known that Yoga instills a calming effect, thereby relieving stress laden mind. This is what intrigued the team to unearth concrete evidence suggesting how people get cured from mental stress.
It was observed that yoga leaves positive impact on those who suffer from mild depression and insomnia. It goes onto help those who have showed symptoms of psychiatric disorders like schizophrenia, eating disorders and cognition problems and ADHD.
"If a large national study were done, it could turn out that yoga is just as good and may be a low cost alternative to people with unmet needs", said lead study author, Dr. P. Murali Doraiswamy, a professor of psychiatry and medicine at Duke University Medical Center
As many as 15.8 million adults in the US alone follow the popular exercise as per a survey by the Harris Interactive Service Bureau. The results further affirm that yoga goes beyond its earlier definition of a cultural phenomenon and is now strengthening health benefits.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power