Allow GPs to Charge Foreign Visitors for Primary Care: LMC
LMC leaders fear a trend of `health tourism' anytime soon and, therefore, as per the revelations of a recent report, they have made an appeal to LMC leaders that they should allow GPs that they charge for primary care from overseas visitors in case, they have any doubt that they are not eligible for the same.
More than half of all GPs are of the belief that NHS entitlements are too liberal for migrants, as revealed by Pulse. It has informed that some GP practices are even not ready to register patients since they suspect them as illegal or failed refuge seekers.
Therefore, the Home Office as well as the Department of health has been asked by Bedfordshire and Herfordshire LMC in a letter that `difficulties' being faced largely by GP practices while seeing visitors should be tackled sooner as possible in an effective manner.
The letter received by the Minister for Immigration, Mark Harper, local MPs and health secretary Jeremy Hunt also reads that visitors should have their eligibility on the passport.
"If there is any doubt, GPs and hospitals should be instructed to charge patients and leave it up to the patient to make a case that they should be reimbursed", said the letter.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network