Rates of Teen Pregnancy Fall below National Average in Leicester
According to the statistics released by NHS, teen pregnancy rates have gone down to a big extent in Leicester for the first time since 1998. The rates are below than national average. The statistics revealed that in 2011 only 181 girls in the city got pregnant. The figured in 2011 were much lower compared to 365 in 1998.
The rates remained at 25.4 per 1,000 and recorded a drop of more than 30 percent in under 18 years conception rates since 1998, when the study began. Mike Sandys, chairman of the Leicestershire Teenage Pregnancy Partnership, said, we are extremely happy over the declining rates of teenage pregnancy.
In 1998 the rate was extremely high about 64.6 per 1,000 girls and became a big worry for the government and health agencies. Efforts were made to create awareness for contraception and sexual health. Initiatives taken by Health and council officials have to be given the credit for seeking the slump in teen pregnancy rates.
"It is a real testament to the young people themselves for taking our advice on board and having a better understanding of the consequences of teenage pregnancy", said Vi Dempster, council spokeswoman for young people. Moreover, he said that it is absolutely fantastic to see such reduction in teenage pregnancy rates.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies