Gay-Adopted Children Do as Good as Heterosexual Ones
According to the findings from the University of Cambridge's Centre for Family Research, children adopted by gays and lesbians lead a quality life as good as heterosexual households. Researchers revealed that gay and lesbian parents are responsible enough to look after the demands and requirements of their adopted children.
The findings will be published in published in a report by the British Association of Adoption and Fostering. According to researchers, children are not bullied at schools and do not have any repercussions of being adopted by gay and lesbian parents.
The study was based on the experiences of around 130 gay, lesbian and heterosexual families in Britain. The children were in the age group of four to eight years. The study focused in various parameters like relationships, ability of parents to live up to the expectations of children and how children adjust.
The findings revealed that no evidences were found to have affected masculine or feminine tendencies of children as a result of being adopted by gay or lesbian parents.
Professor Susan Golombok, Director, Cambridge centre, and report co-author, said: "what I don't like is when people make assumptions that a certain type of family, such as gay fathers, will be bad for children. The anxieties about the potentially negative effects for children of being placed with gay fathers seem to be, from our study, unfounded".
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power