Chewing Gum Improves Concentration Level
Chewing gum can help a person concentrate on a topic for a longer period. A study, published in the British Journal of Psychology, was carried out on this by a group of researchers from Cardiff University.
Researchers affirmed that chewing gum can improve concentration even when a person is undergoing an audio memory task. It has already been established that chewing gum improves concentration during video related task.
But it is now that it has been found that chewing gum is beneficial in improving concentration during audio memory task. In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers carried out an experiment in which they enrolled 38 people.
The total number of volunteers was split into two sub groups. One of the groups was allowed to chew gums and other was not. Each and every individual was assigned a task of 30 minutes in which they have to hear numbers from one to nine.
The numbers were listed in random orders and the test was to see how fast a person is able to detect a sequence of odd and even numbers. After assessing the result, the study researchers reached at a conclusion that the group which chewed gums was able to detect the sequence quickly than the other group.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids