Foods Cooked in Olive Oil Will Make You Feel Satisfied
Scientists have found that foods cooked in olive oil can make a person feel full after eating. This is possible because of the aroma compound present in olive oil.
This study was done at Technische Universitat Munchen (TUM) under Professor Peter Schieberle and at the University of Vienna under Professor Veronika Somoza. They studied four different variants of edible oils and fats, which includes butterfat, rapeseed oil and olive oil.
They have studied these over a period of three months and people who participated in this study were provided with 500 grams of low-fat yoghurt with one of the four fats everyday as a supplement to the normal food.
"Olive oil had the biggest satiety effect. The olive oil group showed a higher concentration of the satiety hormone serotonin in their blood. Subjectively speaking, these participants also reported that they found the olive oil yoghurt very filling", said Schieberle.
He also mentioned that the result was surprising as rapeseed oil also contain similar fatty acids. Afterwards when the researcher continued their study they found that the aroma present in the olive oil made the difference. The aroma in the olive oil will make a person feel full even after eating less amount of food.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power