No Link between Vitamin D during Pregnancy and Strong Bones of Children Found
It is often recommended that vitamin D supplements are beneficial for women during their pregnancy as it helps in strengthening babies' bones. But, according to a study carried out by a group of UK researchers from the University of Bristol and the University of East Anglia, there is no such association.
Their findings contradict the idea that vitamin D supplements strengthen the bones and prevent rickets in babies. The study researchers have affirmed that they have not found any strong association between vitamin D supplements taken during pregnancy and improvement in bone mineral content in children.
The study which was funded by institutes like the UK Medical Research Council, the University of Bristol and the Wellcome Trust has been published in the medical journal The Lancet.
In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers collected data from mothers and children who were part of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. Study researchers assessed the link between maternal vitamin D levels and bone mineral content of children.
They could not found any link between maternal vitamin D levels and bone mineral content of children. "Further research is needed to look at vitamin supplementation including potential benefits, harms and optimal dosing", the researchers said.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden