No Link between Vitamin D during Pregnancy and Strong Bones of Children Found
It is often recommended that vitamin D supplements are beneficial for women during their pregnancy as it helps in strengthening babies' bones. But, according to a study carried out by a group of UK researchers from the University of Bristol and the University of East Anglia, there is no such association.
Their findings contradict the idea that vitamin D supplements strengthen the bones and prevent rickets in babies. The study researchers have affirmed that they have not found any strong association between vitamin D supplements taken during pregnancy and improvement in bone mineral content in children.
The study which was funded by institutes like the UK Medical Research Council, the University of Bristol and the Wellcome Trust has been published in the medical journal The Lancet.
In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers collected data from mothers and children who were part of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. Study researchers assessed the link between maternal vitamin D levels and bone mineral content of children.
They could not found any link between maternal vitamin D levels and bone mineral content of children. "Further research is needed to look at vitamin supplementation including potential benefits, harms and optimal dosing", the researchers said.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids