Donating Organs after Death Rate Up by 50%
The UK's health minister accepted the recommendations of the Organ Donation and Taskforce in 2008, and since then, the rates of number of people donating organs after death have sought a rise by 50%.
The NHS Blood and Transplant has reported that more than 1,200 people in the U. K. donated their organs last year, transforming the lives of 3,100 recipients.
A network of specialist nurses has made an enormous contribution to make it possible by approaching and supporting bereaved relatives in hospitals.
Elizabeth Buggins, chair of the UK Organ Donation Taskforce, said doctors should refer a potential donor to the NHS Transplant service if they are named in the Organ Donor Register.
Elizabeth stressed that it should be made mandatory for the doctor to refer the names in list of the individuals, who have volunteered to donate their organs after death.
Sally Johnson, from NHS Blood and Transplant, said, "The NHS has worked hard to ensure every potential donor is identified, that the organ donation register is checked, and that families are approached".
Sally, however, said the NHS cannot do it on its own. A transformation in donor and family consent is needed as the UK's family refusal is still the highest in Europe.
As many as 125 families overruled an individual's intention to donate last year. Ms. Johnson said families should understand the importance of their relatives to be signed up to the register.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power