Shape of Body Associated with Kidney Diseases, says Study
A recent study has showed that people's body shape defines kidney diseases. All those people who have apple-shaped bodies may suffer from unhealthy blood pressure in kidneys.
The lead author of the study, Dr. Arjan Kwakernaak, from the University Medical Centre Groningen in the Netherlands has said, "We found that apple-shaped persons - even if totally healthy and with normal blood pressure - have elevated blood pressure in their kidneys".
It was an already known fact that all those people who have thick fat around their waist are more vulnerable to have kidney disease. Scientists could not decipher what was the reason behind it. The new study has shown that more apple-shaped can be linked to the blood flowing at a reduced rate but higher pressure through the kidneys.
The team studied and tracked 315 healthy people with an aim to link hip-to-waist ratio with characteristics of kidney function. According to the team of experts, the case becomes all the more worse for obese. One of the authors of the study has said that such intrusions could be good for the study of central body fat distribution.
The study has been published in Journal of the American Society of Nephrology and has urged obese people to concentrate on their kidney health.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies