Men have Lesser Empathy for Women's Eyes
As per a recent study, men cannot easily read emotions from women's eyes. The researchers from the LWL-University Hospital in Bochum, Germany, suggested that men feel it rather difficult to understand the emotions whilst looking at women's eyes than they can interpret while looking at a man.
The researchers conducted a MRI scan of 22 men to detect the activity of the brain at the exercise. They detected that the section of the brain that brain allocated to emotion for men, didn't seems to lit up when it comes to decipher emotion whilst looking at women's eyes.
The men were suggested to view the 36 pictures of eyes. Half of these eyes belonged to men and half to women. The men were aided with two choices of words to describe the emotions of the pictures.
The results suggested that the men took a longer time in guessing the emotions that were depicted in female's eyes. An interesting MRI result was extracted that showed a varying kind of brain activity occurring in the brain when men were looking at men's eyes against the result that originated in the women's case.
The conclusions that were drawn from the results suggested that men have lesser amount of empathy for women's emotions. However, the reason for the same is not clear yet.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network