Humans Perceive Vocal Qualities a Way to Judge Person’s Attractiveness
There are a number of ways by which a person's attractiveness can be perceived. Recently, a research was carried out by a group of researchers from the University College London.
According to them, humans perceive one's attractiveness through their vocal qualities. Lead researcher Yi Xu said that voice was able to make a person predict person's body type.
An experiment was carried out in which participants were made to hear altered voice patterns. They were then asked to judge person's attractiveness through voice.
Female voices were found to be breathy, high pitched and of perception having small body size. On the other hand, male voices were rated as low pitched and having large body size.
Women participants also affirmed that voice being breathy leads to a rise in attractiveness quotient. "The breathiness softens the aggressiveness associated with a large body size projected by low pitch in an attractive male voice", said Xu.
While carrying out study, the study researchers noticed that women have started getting attracted to men, who are not much aggressive.
The study has helped in knowing that animal instincts also play a great role in mate selection procedure. The study findings have got published today in the journal PLOS One.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies