Alexander’s Fund for Aylesbury Boy’s Treatment
Alexander's Fund is what they are calling it. Citizens of Buckinghamshire town have generated £293,000 in a week to send a seven-year-old, Alexander, to the US for a life-saving treatment.
Alexander Novakovic, from Aylesbury, has already received a surgery and chemotherapy on a brain tumour. According to the doctors and family, proton beam therapy is the last option that he has.
Earlier in November, Alexander was diagnosed with a medulloblastoma, a highly malevolent primary brain tumour. Since March, he has failed to respond to any treatment. Presently, he needs radiotherapy to the brain and spine.
After he was left with no other treatment, family began looking for an option of proton radiotherapy in abroad. It requires around $330,000 (£225,000).
Kelly Welch, from the Parent and Teachers' Association at Bedgrove Infant School, said that after hearing about the suffering of the boy, they gathered to generate funds. Alexander has received huge response from celebrities as well.
Even singers Joss Stone and Leona Lewis, comics John Bishop and Bobby Davro, ex-England rugby star Lawrence Dallaglio, tennis legend Martina Navratilova and TV presenters Fearne Cotton and Jeff Brazier have joined hands for the noble cause.
If any money would be spared after Alex's ongoing medical costs, it will be disseminated among charity Kids n Cancer UK to aid other children with the same disease.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands