Apple’s iTunes Store achieves ‘10-billionth song download’ milestone!
That the momentum for Apple’s iTunes Music Store has only been escalating ever since its 2003-launch is evident from the digital music download store’s Wednesday achievement of yet another milestone – the download of the
The ‘10 billion’ milestone, which iTunes Store achieved at 4:30 p. m. EST Wednesday, came less than two years after the store reached the 5-billion mark in June 2008; and the momentous feat coincided with the 55th birthday of the Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
Though Apple has not yet disclosed the name of the person who downloaded song no. 10,000,000,000 from the iTunes Store, the landmark was apparently ‘in sight’ for quite some time now – with the company having made an earlier-this-month announcement of a contest involving a reward of a $10,000 iTunes gift card to the downloader of the 10-billionth song.
To commemorate the new milestone - and also apparently to figure out the details of the person who actually downloaded the winning song -, Apple has published a list of the twenty most-downloaded, all-time favorite, songs.
Meanwhile, a peek into Apple’s future iTunes-specific plans reveals that the company’s gradual expansion of its browser-based iTunes Preview service – whereby users can explore content from the online store without having to launch the iTunes application – is an implicit indication that eventually Apple will allow customers to access and purchase content from the browser.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies