Rides Pose Great Risk to Children, Reveals US Study
Before allowing your child to take a ride in amusement parks, arcades, restaurants, fairs, malls and stores, it will be better if you go through the following.
According to a recent research, rides at above mentioned places pose a great risk of head, neck and face injuries to children. Research carried out by a group of researchers from the Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, is said to be one of a kind study.
In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers have tracked child injuries that have occurred to them when they have taken rides at above mentioned places. Injuries happened to them from 1990 to 2010, were studied.
Lead researcher Dr. Gary Smith, said, "Injuries from smaller amusement rides located in malls, stores, restaurants and arcades are typically given less attention by legal and public health professionals than injuries from larger amusement park rides".
Smith continued by affirming that over 4,400 injuries related to rides send children to get treated in emergency wards of US hospitals. Therefore, it has become vital to raise awareness about the issue. The best way to avoid any such injury is to prevent such kind of rides, said Smith.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies