Affirmation of Self Values at the Time of Stress can Boost Problem-Solving Skills: Study
As per a new study done by David Creswell and colleagues from Carnegie Mellon University, in the times of stress, affirming personal values can give and also boost the problem solving skills. A reminder of all your strengths and values to oneself helps the person in boosting the problem-solving skills.
In the study, a group of students rated their level of stress for one and a half month and after this, took up the self-affirmation exercise. The students who properly performed the exercise saw significant higher scores in problem-solving task after a month while being under pressure rather than those who did not follow the exercise.
As per the authors of the study, "A brief self-affirmation activity is sufficient to buffer the negative effects of chronic stress on task performance and can improve the ability to solve problems in a flexible manner during high stress periods".
The authors further added that the study also suggests that the exercise of self-affirmation may also increase the creativity and insight when an individual is under stress. The study got published in journal PLoS ONE which includes 73 college students who recorded higher stress levels in the period of more than a month.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network