Charity to Auction Star’s Record Collection to Raise Funds
Radio and television presenter Chris Tarrant's record collection will be auctioned for Esher-based Princess Alice Hospice. Chris was the host of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". He has donated the items to the charity, which will hold special auctions in partnership with Wellers Auctioneers of Guildford.
The auctions will be held on Friday, May 17. The collection comprises vinyl albums, 45s, MiniDiscs and CDs, signed posters, box sets, limited editions, promotion-only discs and other items.
Chris said he must be having thousands of records. All of them are very pretty and have lovely artwork, but he does not play them anymore. He said that he only uses his iPod these days.
He said, "When they all go under the hammer in the spring they should help raise a lot of money for a worthy cause, plus I'll finally be able to get my car in my garage'.
He said he has been a patron of Princess Alice Hospice for almost 10 years. The charity is very close to his heart and he will do everything possible to support them. He is said to be extremely happy that the charity is working with Wellers Auctioneers to raise as much funds as possible by auctioning his donated items.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids