Formula Feeding can help Babies with Early Weight Loss
As per a research published in Pediatrics, it has been revealed that early formula feeding may prove beneficial for infants, who lose weight after one or two days of being born.
The research, which was carried out by a group of researchers from the University of California, said that limited intake of formula benefits infants with early weight loss. In fact, infants having early formula later starts breast feeding exclusively.
In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers studied 38 newborns. These infants were the ones, who had lost 5% or more of their weight on the first or the second day of their birth. Two sub groups were made and one of the groups was provided exclusively breast feed.
The second sub group was provided with early limited formula intervention. In the latter, infants were provided with 10 milliliters of formula after breast feed. Assessment was carried out after three months, it was found that 79% infants who were taking formula have now taking breast feed exclusively.
Lead author Valerie Flaherman said that the main finding of the study is that infants, who have been losing weight, for them, the formula can prove as a beneficial option.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies