Formula Feeding can help Babies with Early Weight Loss
As per a research published in Pediatrics, it has been revealed that early formula feeding may prove beneficial for infants, who lose weight after one or two days of being born.
The research, which was carried out by a group of researchers from the University of California, said that limited intake of formula benefits infants with early weight loss. In fact, infants having early formula later starts breast feeding exclusively.
In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers studied 38 newborns. These infants were the ones, who had lost 5% or more of their weight on the first or the second day of their birth. Two sub groups were made and one of the groups was provided exclusively breast feed.
The second sub group was provided with early limited formula intervention. In the latter, infants were provided with 10 milliliters of formula after breast feed. Assessment was carried out after three months, it was found that 79% infants who were taking formula have now taking breast feed exclusively.
Lead author Valerie Flaherman said that the main finding of the study is that infants, who have been losing weight, for them, the formula can prove as a beneficial option.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids