Artificial Adhesive-Based Eyelashes can be Problematic
Health problems caused due to adhesive cosmetics has become quite a hot topic for discussion in media for some time now. It has been seen that more number of girls have been falling in love with cosmetic eyelash extensions, which gives Bambi effect.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) has explained the problem by affirming that eyelash extensions contains glue and other chemicals, which can lead to infection in cornea and eyelid. If infection takes place then it can cause loss of eyelashes and in severe cases, eyelid swelling.
The organization has also cited an article, which reveals about a case in which patients have suffered allergic reactions to formaldehyde-based adhesives that are being used in the extensions.
Not only this, it has also been found that false eyelashes can become home to bacteria and will further cause eye irritation. Experts said that when artificial eyelashes are removed then there is a risk that natural eye lashes can be pulled along.
Therefore, if one wants to use the same then as per the AAO, buy the product from certified aesthetician and adopt proper hand wash and hygiene before applying the same. If then also infection develops, immediately contact doctor.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network