Launch of NHS 111 in Wales Concerns Senior Health Officials
The new NHS 111 helpline is, seemingly, ready for its launch in Wales. But, it has been found, the same has concerned experts.
The controversial helpline has been suspected to have failed while fulfilling patients' demands. The helpline had been introduced so as to give immediate help to those suffering from serious but non-life threatening diseases.
However, it was reported that calls of a number of patients were not quickly answered. The new service came out to be a bad replacement to NHS Direct.
Now, proposals to replace NHS Direct Wales with the NHS 111 helpline are being decided to be put before Health Minister Mark Drakeford. But, senior consultants have been warning that A&E departments were affected due to failure of the new service.
The Welsh government, on the other hand, said some services would also be developed this year so as to underpin the 111 helpline service. Cwm Taf Health Board's chairman Dr. Chris Jones is the leader of the work being conducted to tackle pressure faced by emergency health service in Wales.
"Throughout the testing period so far, the NHS 111 service in Berkshire has been operating very well with high performance rates for call response times and appropriate
999 despatches", affirmed NHS 111 project chairman, Dr. Andy Ciecierski.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies