Rigorous Research to Curb Gun Violence
A number of deaths take place due to gun violence. Recent incident was Newtown massacre in the US. The incident led President Obama to ask for a research in order to come up with ways by which gun violence can be curbed.
A number of twists and turns took place in the due course of time. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the one, which has been given the charge to look into the matter.
Alan Leshner, CEO of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, has said that they have showed way to the CDC on which points they need to concentrate on. Alan said that they have provided a list of instructions, which the CDC needs to follow.
A number of things that need to be known by the CDC are potential of smart guns in gun violence incidents. Educational programmes for children in order to prevent gun violence later in their lives and efficacy of the same.
Garen Wintemute, Head of the Violence Prevention Research Program from the University of California in Davis, was of the view that they have reached at a time where only rigorous research will do the task.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids