Carers Week 2013 to Raise Awareness on Role of Carers
To be held from June 10 to 16, Carers Week will aim at raising awareness about the role of carers in helping the weak and frail people in tackling their illness.
Involved in the move is staff at Sainsbury's Carrickfergus, who will throw light on the vital role played by the family members or friends in looking after an ill, frail or disabled person. The week will allow the people to know more about support available locally for such people.
About 2,400 groups will be involved in arranging some events and activities during the week in order to achieve their aim. These activities will involve about including hundreds of Sainsbury's stores across the UK. Customers will come to know more about work of Carer's NI with help of an in-store information stand.
Also, a coffee morning will be held for the East Antrim Carer's Support Group on Monday from 10 am to 12 pm. The money collected will be used to aid the carers with important information to help them give best possible care.
"We'd like to encourage anyone who knows a carer or is a carer themselves and needs support to come along to the coffee morning and see us on Monday", said Lyn Campbell from Carers NI.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power