Carers Week 2013 to Raise Awareness on Role of Carers
To be held from June 10 to 16, Carers Week will aim at raising awareness about the role of carers in helping the weak and frail people in tackling their illness.
Involved in the move is staff at Sainsbury's Carrickfergus, who will throw light on the vital role played by the family members or friends in looking after an ill, frail or disabled person. The week will allow the people to know more about support available locally for such people.
About 2,400 groups will be involved in arranging some events and activities during the week in order to achieve their aim. These activities will involve about including hundreds of Sainsbury's stores across the UK. Customers will come to know more about work of Carer's NI with help of an in-store information stand.
Also, a coffee morning will be held for the East Antrim Carer's Support Group on Monday from 10 am to 12 pm. The money collected will be used to aid the carers with important information to help them give best possible care.
"We'd like to encourage anyone who knows a carer or is a carer themselves and needs support to come along to the coffee morning and see us on Monday", said Lyn Campbell from Carers NI.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain