High Number of Elderly People Get Hospitalized After Fall
Age UK had conducted a survey, which has found that fall in daily life have been taking almost 350,000 elderly people to hospitals each year.
The charity told that almost 9,000 people every year visiting hospital after a fall die. England has been seeing the problem as a real concern. It is being said that injuries caused by falls are the most common reasons for death amongst people over the age of 75 years.
Falls Awareness Week was launched recently by the charity. In order to raise awareness, the charity said that a fall could leave a life-changing impact on an elderly person. Also, they could be left to feel lonesome and could even hesitate to leave home.
As per the findings, falls being experienced by people above the age of 60 years are often taken lightly and as an expected part of their ageing. But, the same is something that needs to be addressed urgently. Preventive measures could avoid hospitalizations of the elderly people.
"The reality is that there is something we can all do prevent a fall and increase our chances of living a healthy and independent life for as long as possible", said Michelle Mitchell, charity director general.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden