Parents Should Encourage Children to Eat Healthy
When the issue of eating habits is raised by parents, the situation could be really risky. Since, weight talks or weight issue has never been very smooth.
A study conducted by a team of researchers at the University of Minnesota has revealed that daughters could be influenced by mothers to maintain their weight. The study has appeared in JAMA Pediatrics.
A big sample of children in their teenage along with their parents suggested that parents who talked to their kids about eating habits were likely to force them to adopt unhealthy food habits. Since, they went on extreme diets or used laxatives or even could pick up binge eating.
These parents told kids that they were overweight or could become so in case they constantly ate what they ate.
On the other hand, parents who just focused on what should be consumed by their children helped their kids be at lesser risks of suffering from eating problems.
"Fathers should concentrate on their daughters' skills or interests, and that can help them feel loved by their dad and confident enough to work on their body issues", affirmed Mary Jo Rapini. She is the co-author of "Start Talking: A Girl's Guide for You and Your Mom about Health, Sex, or Whatever."
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies