Dubai airport cleaner charged with attempted theft
Authorities have charged the 34-year-old Indian cleaner for stealing sunglasses from the bin at Dubai International Airport. However, the cleaner rubbished the charges adding that he found the piece of trendy sunglasses in a rubbish bin placed in a corner of the airport.
The suspect, J. K. was earlier produced before the Dubai Court where he denied the charges and asked for apology. Speaking in the court before Presiding Judge Hamad Abdul Latif Abdul Jawad, J. K. said, "I found the sunglasses in the garbage and took it."
Prosecutors, however, said that it was due to vigil of the police, the attempt of stealing sunglasses was foiled.
Meanwhile, the court would take up the matter by March end.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden