Indian Company Biocon Offers Psoriasis Treatment
Indian company Biocon has offered a treatment for the disease of psoriasis, a skin disease incurable till now. The company claims better and safe treatment with this new therapy.
According to Rakesh Bamzai, President (marketing), Biocon, the therapy offered by them will assure better efficacy, less chances of infection along with the better safety. He added that the total cost of therapy would also be less in comparison to other therapies offered for psoriasis.
The name of the medicine made for the treatment by Biocon is `Alzumab' and single dose of this medicine would cost the patients an amount of Rs. 7,950. The duration of the treatment would be of total 24 weeks.
At present, although with the help of medicines the symptoms of this disease disappear for some time, yet it is not curable completely.
"This new line of treatment will usher in a paradigm shift in the management of psoriasis. We are proud that this will be the first instance of a breakthrough innovation from India with a potential to treat multiple auto-immune diseases," said Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, CMD, Biocon.
This biologic drug Alzumab produced by Biocon is priced 50% cheaper in comparison to the similar drugs available in the market. It is claimed that the drug is capable of treating the disease at all levels from moderate to severe stages.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain