UK physiotherapists can independently prescribe medication
The Department of Health has proclaimed that physiotherapists within the United Kingdom can become primary within the world to be able to start prescribing independent medication to their patients.
Confirming plans that were made public in 2012, the care and support minister Norman Lamb aforementioned that the new legislation, which is able to conjointly empower podiatrists to prescribe medicines, and help cutting down GPs' time.
Currently, physios and podiatrists should refer a patient to a physician so as to induce a prescription. Practitioners need to issue prescriptions that can ought to complete a course and can solely prescribe medications in their specific space.
The changes can acquire force once the primary wave of courses has been completed in summer 2014.
Lamb aforementioned, "This modification won't solely profit patients by creating it additionally convenient to induce treatment however it'll conjointly unencumber valuable physician time. We have taken measures showing that the NHS is at the forefront of attention, paving the manner for different countries. Physiotherapists and podiatrists are extremely competent professionals and these changes can enable them to relinquish higher care to the uncountable individuals with acute and future conditions."
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power