Government Action To Save Jobs, Prevents £12bn
Alistair Darling is revealed to claim next week that government action to shield jobs has prevented around £12bn, as Labour utilizes the pre-election budget to form key economic demarcating lines with the Tories.
Miles Templeman, Director-General of the Institute of Directors, quoted, "This means making significant spending cuts in 2010. The argument that early cuts would jeopardise the recovery is mistaken. We believe that lower spending is likely to trigger a whole series of positive developments that will assist growth."
Last year's budget anticipated that the level of unemployment, based on National Audit Office assessments of independent forecasts, would be 2.09 million people in the fourth quarter of 2009 and 2.44 million in the fourth quarter of
By December's pre-budget report (PBR), the government had revise its estimation for unemployment level to 1.72 million for 2009 and 1.91 million for 2010, adding that this would prevent over £10bn over five years from lower unemployment benefits alone.
In addition, it is speculated that Cooper will announce that the government will subsidise another 7,000 jobs for young people, landing the total created under the Future Jobs Fund to 117,000.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies