Britain Registers Higher Tourist Arrivals
Britain has registered record number of tourist arrivals in June as per the latest data released by VisitBritain. After the success of 2012 London Olympics, Britain is witnessing higher number of tourists. The growth in number of tourists has also helped the economy, which is showing signs of recovery. More than 2.6 million jobs in Britain are supported by travel and hospitality sector.
The number of tourist arrivals from China, some European countries and United States has gone higher. During June 2013, there was rise of 13% in spending, which stood at £1.84 billion. The spending during the first six months of 2013 was also higher by 11% compared to last year.
Keith Beecham, overseas director at VisitBritain has expressed pleasure about higher tourist arrivals. He added that if the trend continues, it will be great news for economy. There were several warnings that stricter visa rules would reduce the number of tourist arrivals. Britain has also put limits on overstaying tourists from some countries, a move seen as restrictive measure by analysts tracking travel sector.
However, the number of Britons visiting other countries is much higher at 26 million compared to 11 million people visiting Britain. Visitors have spent £8.72 billion in Britain while Britons have spent £15.2 billion during their travel to other countries.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies