Air Canada Chief Criticizes Emirates Airline
Air Canada President Calin Rovinescu pulled Emirates Airline for using unfair practices for getting additional access in Canada. Coming down heavily on some Dubai and United Arab Emirates based air-lines for using predatory tactics to get more access to Vancouver and Calgary.
The airlines are said to be more interested in getting more frequency on Toronto's Pearson Airport. A Dubai based airline said that hike frequency on the route means pumping $480 million into the economy of the country besides increasing commercial activities and more employment opportunities in the region.
Mr. Rovinescu termed the move by the airline to siphon off Canadian traveling to other destinations such as Paris, London or Frankfurt, Germany, and on to Dubai. He told, "Emirates's real aim is to dump its excess capacity into the Canadian market."
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network