Fonterra Plans New Hub in China
Seeing the growing demand of China for fresh milk, Fonterra has taken a decision to open a second farming hub in the nation.
The multinational dairy co-operative in New Zealand said that the facilities would be farming as many as 15,000 cows. Five 3000-cow farms would be contained by the hub and production would probably begin in the coming year's latter half.
Strategic partners are to be secured by the company in the development. The farming hub would be situated at Ying County, Shanxi Province, as per the findings. The same would, however, be developed on the existing investment of the firm in Hebei Province.
Fonterra stated that the hub was a step forward by the firm in its strategy to manufacture one billion litres of milk by the arrival of 2020 in China. The firm would be helped in becoming a more-integrated dairy business.
More than 500 people would be appointed by the company in the county. Of all of them, a significant 75% would be local employees.
"Ying County provides an ideal environment for us to expand our farming operations due to its new agricultural zone, proximity to customers and the high-quality supply of animal feed", affirmed Kelvin Wickham, president at Fonterra Greater China and India.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies