Live: Indian Market Declines; Ranbaxy Labs Stable
11.20 am IST: Indian market was trading lower at 11.20 am IST after opening flat on Tuesday. BSE Sensex was down by 36 points at 19706 and NSE Nifty was down by 18 points at 5822. Among major gainers in today’s session were Ranbaxy Labs, Sesa Goa, HCL Tech, Dr Reddys Labs, Grasim and Coal India.
Ranbaxy Labs managed to open positive after massive fall of over 30 percent yesterday. The stock took beating on Monday after FDA issued import alert on Mohali plant of Ranbaxy Labs. The company has been facing troubles due to non-compliance with GMP practices notified by FDA. The stock has gained some support in today’s session. Brokerage house Nomura has given buy call for Ranbaxy Labs after the stock has corrected. The brokerage has lowered the target for Ranbaxy from Rs 490 to Rs 403.
Among major losers in early trade were banking stocks. Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, Power Grid, IndusInd Bank, IDFC, NTPC were trading lower than yesterday’s close.
Indian markets are expected to remain range-bound today. Among Asian markets, Nikkei 225 and Hang Seng were marginally lower while Straits Times was flat. Indian currency was trading lower compared to USD. USD-INR was at 63.61, down by 1.24 percent. Euro-INR was at 84.85, lower by 1.30 percent.
Isha Sondhi and Kunal Mishra report live markets from Mumbai, India during market trading hours.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies