Standard Chartered draws expansion plans in Dubai
Standard Chartered Plc., one of the leading international banks, has been eying on tapping large scale business opportunities present in the Middle-East market especially in Dubai. The bank would expand its presence in Dubai opening new offices and investing more in the highly potential market.
Standard Chartered Plc already retains significant exposure in the country and said that it would do everything possible to take advantage from improving market conditions in the slowly improving economy of the Middle-East.
Peter Sands, the Chief Executive of the Group, said that the bank considers Dubai as a right place to grow its business in the UAE. It has already reported revenues exceeding USD 1 billion from the emirate in 2009 despite very challenging period due to global slowdown. The bank made handsome income from Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, India and the UAE.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids