Increase in Credit Card Debt and Mortgage Approvals Since 2009
According to new reports, there seems some sort of improvement in the credit card debt and mortgage approvals.
UK has been suffering from the economic recession, from the past few years. This recession is being improved with the improvement in the economic scale in UK.
Credit card debt and the mortgage approvals have been increased for the first time in the past four years.
According to the British Banker's Association, credit card debt has been increased to £76m, the previous month.
They said that it is for the first time in the past four years, that the household borrowing on unsecured credit has been increased.
Nearly about 38,228 loans were issued for the purchase of homes, the previous month. Currently, UK has achieved the highest rate of refinancing the homes, as compared with the two years back.
David Dooks, the BBA's statistics director, said that this improvement depicts the increase in confidence among the consumers.
Howard Archer, chief executive economist at the IHS Global Insight, said: "The overall impression is that the consumer appetite for taking on new borrowing is still relatively limited while many consumers remain keen to reduce their debt".
The decrease in the real wages means people are willing to borrow more money in order to have more purchases, said Archer.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power