Smoking is Injurious to Health
A research was done by the British Heart Foundation. It was found that 36% teenagers from the UK are deterred by cigarette packs as compared to 48% in Australia where plain-packaging was introduced late last year.
It was also found that out of every 10, one teenager made the wrong assumption that certain cigarette brands are healthier when compared with others.
A Department of Health spokesman said they are taking the problem related to reduce the smoking, standardized packaging should be promoted. They have decided to wait until the emerging impact of the decision in Australia can be measured and then a decision would be taken by them.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt declared in July that plans for plain packs would be delayed until ministers could assess their impact in Australia.
Simon Gillespie, the British Heart Foundation's chief executive, said," The message from our young people is loud and clear: current health warnings aren't up to the job and the UK Government must step up to the mark and introduce standardized packs".
As per a survey that was conducted it was found that one-third of British teenagers gave up smoking due to the health warnings on the cigarette packages.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands