Smoking is Injurious to Health
A research was done by the British Heart Foundation. It was found that 36% teenagers from the UK are deterred by cigarette packs as compared to 48% in Australia where plain-packaging was introduced late last year.
It was also found that out of every 10, one teenager made the wrong assumption that certain cigarette brands are healthier when compared with others.
A Department of Health spokesman said they are taking the problem related to reduce the smoking, standardized packaging should be promoted. They have decided to wait until the emerging impact of the decision in Australia can be measured and then a decision would be taken by them.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt declared in July that plans for plain packs would be delayed until ministers could assess their impact in Australia.
Simon Gillespie, the British Heart Foundation's chief executive, said," The message from our young people is loud and clear: current health warnings aren't up to the job and the UK Government must step up to the mark and introduce standardized packs".
As per a survey that was conducted it was found that one-third of British teenagers gave up smoking due to the health warnings on the cigarette packages.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network