Salmonella Outbreak Make Hundreds Sick in Recent Months
The doctors and the Health Officials are urging to cook chicken thoroughly and take precautions, after an 18-state salmonella outbreak. This outbreak has caused illness to hundreds of people in the recent months.
At about three Foster Farms facilities in California, A public health alert was issued for raw chicken packaging, as according to the latest statistics by the United States Department of Agriculture, 278 people have fallen ill.
The strains of Salmonella Heidelberg were first detected in March.
According to the reports, by the USDA, the strains were associated with chicken distribution to the retail outlets in California, Oregon and Washington state.
The statement by USDA claims that the illnesses have been predominantly in California but the salmonella has reached people from 18 states.
Dan Engeljohn of the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service said that the outbreak appears to have begun in March and the USDA was notified of the illnesses in July.
He also added that the Investigators had a difficult time while pinpointing the source of the illnesses.
A spokesman for Foster Farms said, "No recall was in effect and that the infections were caused by eating chicken that was undercooked or improperly handled."
He also added that the three facilities that packaged the chicken were all in California's Central Valley, one in Livingston and two in Fresno.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power