Hike by 17.2% in Air passenger traffic for Abu Dhabi
On Sunday, the Abu Dhabi Airports Company announced that the UAE capital's airport has seen passenger traffic hiking by 17.2% in the month of February.
Aircraft movements increased by 13.3%, and Bangkok became the airport's busiest destination, pushing London into second place.
Correspondingly, Doha, Bahrain and Manila were the third, fourth and fifth busiest destinations.
Freight tonnage increased by an even more notable 17.6%. Previous year, the same period saw the airport's cargo tonnage decreasing by 2.1%.
Ahmed Al Haddabi, senior vice president of airport operations, ADAC told, "From the start of this year, we have seen encouraging results as Abu Dhabi International Airport continues to grow steadily and strongly."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain