South Indian actor Ajith joins Formula Two racing
One of the most popular actors in the Tamil film industry, Ajith Kumar has joined the FIA Formula Two Championship at Silverstone in England as racer.
The entry of the actor who will turn 40 soon into the tournament was announced on Wednesday. He will be the third Indian to race in a FIA Formula Two championship. Other Indians racing are Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaren.
"I' am very excited about getting into competitive racing again and looking forward to the first race next month," said Ajith Kumar in a statement.
He expressed that he took to motor racing because he intends to bring the sport which is still seen as a niche sport to the common man in the country.
Ajith has been a motor sport enthusiast and made his debut in 2003 at the Formula BMW Asia Championship. He performed well in the Korea round finishing 6th on the track. He also showed good performance at the British Formula 3 Scholarship Class. During the year he took part in the MRF racing series but could not finish the race due to mechanical problems.
His racing partner Sureshwaren has expressed optimism in the actor and said that he will be able to adopt fast. He also said that he along with other driver Armaan will provide his help and support.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars