Abu Dhabi gets “World's Most Improved Airport" title
Around 9.8 million travelers from 100 different countries voted in favor of the Abu Dhabi International Airport given to the availability of high class services at the airport. Skytrax has named the airport as "Most Improved Airport 2009-2010" of the World, news which brings cheer for the authorities.
The airport, which was earlier ranked at 47th place, is gained some points to jump at 26th most favorable airport of the World. The improvement in ranking is attributed to multi-dollar investment by the government for improving infrastructure at the airport to offer high end services to the customers.
The Skytrax World Airport Awards ceremony took place yesterday amid the presence of dignitaries from various countries. The award is presented based on the feedback by customers regarding nature of quality services offered at various airports.
While speaking on the award ceremony, H. E. Khalifa Al Mazrouei, Chairman of ADAC, the operator of Abu Dhabi International Airport expressed, "This is a fantastic endorsement of the hard work of management and staff, as well Ports and Airports Security Police Department, Abu Dhabi's General Administration of Customs, the Department of Immigration and all our airline partners."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain